Responding to class videos:
You’ll have about five minutes to respond to the questions below and are expected to use the entire time writing. Choose what you feel are the most important issues to address from the questions below, but be sure to answer #1. Post your response on the class blog.
1. REQUIRED. ANSWER THIS. What we liked best about your video was _____________________________________________. (Describe a specific example of this). We thought this was effective because_______________________________________________________________________.
Story and message:
2. Opening scene:
Does the opening scene strongly hook the viewer? What could you add, move or remove at the beginning to strengthen the hook?
Story and Message
3. What are the main points being made about cyberbullying? Which ideas need to be emphasized more strongly? Are the points in the best logical order?
4. If there is narration or interview footage, what is the audience looking at while it is listening to the person talking? What suggestions can you offer about how to incorporate text, images, sounds or other footage to emphasize what is being said and to sustain interest (mix it up)?
5. When do the additions of sound or music seem to help make the point? When do they not seem to make a difference? Is there a place in the video where adding a sound effect or music would help? Point this out.
6. Is the final thought a summation of the most important message? What suggestions do you have to emphasize this final thought more strongly (think about footage choices, editing, text/titles, and sound)?
7. Titles & Credits: Is there an opening title? Does it grab the viewer’s attention and provide an idea of the content of the video? Are experts in your video identified (e.g., with lower-third titles)? Is there a consistency in the way you title throughout the video? Are all the team members listed in the credits? Does the bibliography follow standard MLA format (use EasyBib and/or get help from your teacher). Are all titles spelled, capitalized, and punctuated correctly? Are they grammatically correct?
8. What else? What other thoughts and suggestions do you have about why this video was successful and about how you might make it better?